Saturday, June 5, 2010

Focus






Over the past week I have focused on the pine cabinet with the bird’s eye grain pattern. This one has my interest for now and I believe it will be most unusual. I want to make this cabinet most eye caching. Over the past five years I have colleted the wood that is going in to this cabinet, the photo of the weird pattern of knots sparked my imagination the instant I looked at it, but how to use it to its fullest was the problem, but I think I have found the solution. In the end it’s all about balance. And yes the dove tails are hand cut but I am not trying to make a statement with them or have the construction be a focus at all. I want the pattern of the wood to be the fist thing that’s gets you and hopefully the way I have enraged it.

No comments:

Post a Comment